Claim Form

Submit a Claim Form with Supporting Documentation by no later than October 20, November 19, 2018.

If you are eligible for payment under this Settlement, you must fill out and submit, with supporting documentation, a Claim Form.

>> Download a Claim Form by Clicking Here. <<
>> Descargue un Formulario de reclamación en español haciendo clic aquí. <<

You may pick up a Claim Form at:

Greater Hartford Legal Aid, Inc.
999 Asylum Avenue, 3rd Floor
Hartford, CT 06105

If you are submitting a Claim Form, you are encouraged to contact Greater Hartford Legal Aid, Inc. at (860) 541-5000 to request free assistance with completing the form.

To be eligible to receive a payment under this Settlement, you must:

  1. have been displaced from your home in Hartford, Connecticut, between January 1, 2010 and September 30, 2015, meaning that you were required to leave your home by City of Hartford code enforcement officials;
  2. submit a complete and timely Claim Form and show that you were the lawful occupant of the home that was condemned, meaning that the landlord/owner of the building knew you were living there and gave you permission to live there; and
  3. show that you were living in the condemned home for at least 90 days before it was condemned.

You will be required to submit documentation with your Claim Form, such as rent receipts, lease agreements, utility bills, or other reliable documentation showing that you are eligible for payment.

You may also request that a Claim Form be mailed to you by writing to:

Hartford Relocation – Claim Form Request
c/o The Notice Company
P.O. Box 455
Hingham, MA 02043

To be valid, completed Claim Forms with supporting documentation must be mailed and postmarked no later than OCTOBER 20, NOVEMBER 19, 2018.