You can ask the Court to deny approval by filing an objection to the Settlement Agreement. If the Court denies approval, no settlement payments will be sent out and the pending appeal will continue.

You may object to the Settlement Agreement in writing. Written objections should include the following:

  • Your full name, current mailing address, telephone number, and if you are being assisted by a lawyer, the lawyer’s name, address and telephone number;
  • The case name and number (Serrano et al v. Gaitor et al., CVH-8104-519);
  • A statement establishing your membership in the Settlement Class;
  • A brief explanation of your reasons for objecting; and
  • Your signature.

If you wish to be heard by the Court on your objection, you must also state that in writing in your objection.

An objection must be submitted to the Court either by mailing it to the Clerk at the address below, or by filing it in person at the Courthouse. To be valid, objections must be filed with the Court on or before May 25, 2018:

Clerk of the Court
Hartford Housing Session
80 Washington Street
Hartford, CT 06106

Copies of the objection must also be mailed, postmarked on or before May 25, 2018, to the attorneys for the parties and to the Notice and Claims Administrator as follows:

Plaintiffs’ Attorneys
Cecil J. Thomas
David A. Pels
Greater Hartford Legal Aid, Inc.
999 Asylum Avenuve, 3rd Floor
Hartford, CT 06105

Defendant’s Attorneys
Howard G. Rifkin
Demar Osbourne
Corporation Counsel
City Of Hartford
550 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103

Notice and Claims Administrator
Objections – Hartford Relocation
c/o The Notice Company
P.O. Box 455
Hingham, MA 02043