You have the right to exclude yourself from the Settlement.
If you are a member of the Settlement Class and you wish to keep your rights, if any, to sue the Defendant about the claims, judgment and settlement in this case, you must exclude yourself.
- If you exclude yourself, you will not get any money from this Settlement.
- You may not submit a Claim Form if you exclude yourself from this Settlement.
How do you exclude yourself from the Settlement Class?
In order to exclude yourself from the Settlement Class and keep your individual rights, if any, to sue the Defendant, you must send a letter to the Notice and Claims Administrator that includes the following:
- Your full name, current mailing address and telephone number
- A statement saying that you request exclusion from the Hartford Relocation Settlement.
- State the date you were ordered to leave your home in Hartford by City of Hartford code enforcement officials and the address which you were ordered to leave (if you recall this information); and
- Be signed by you or your representative.
To be valid, all exclusion requests must be postmarked no later than May 25, 2018 and mailed to:
Exclusions – Hartford Relocation
c/o The Notice Company
P.O. Box 455
Hingham, MA 02043
No request for exclusion will be considered valid unless all of the information described above is included. No further opportunity to request exclusion will be given in this Litigation unless ordered by the Court.
If you choose to be excluded from the Settlement, you will not be:
- entitled to share in the proceeds of this Settlement described herein;
- bound by any judgment entered in the litigation; and
- precluded by the Settlement from otherwise prosecuting an individual claim against Defendants, based on the matters that were the subject of this litigation.